A Seeded Token & Naturally Lost/Found Treasure Hunt at The Historic Belle Isle Park, Detroit
Discover Treasure & The Exciting Adventure of Metal Detecting in this Seeded & Non-Seeded Competitve Event!
All Ages, Backgrounds & Skill Levels Welcome • Over $3000 in Prizes & Giveaways • Special Day of Event Only Deals on Metal Detecting Gear and Apparel • Fun for Everyone!
Sunday, May 19th, 2019 (Rain or Shine)
Historic Belle Isle Park, Detroit (BEACH ONLY!)
2 Inselruhe Avenue
Detroit, MI 48207
Sign-in/Registration at MMD™ event tent near Belle Isle Beach House.
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm (Sign-in/Registration at MMD™ Event Tent near Belle Isle Beach House)
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm (Treasure Hunting on Beach Only)
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm (MMD™ Tokens Tallied & Best Natural Non-Seeded Finds Turned In/Judged)
4:30 pm - 4:45 pm (Prizes Announced for Most MMD™ Tokens Discovered & Best Natural Non-Seeded Find of the Day)
4:45 pm - 5:00 pm (Natural Non-Seeded Finds Returned to Participants/Area Clean Up)
$25 per Participant*
*Belle Isle is a state park so all vehicles entering will need the state recreation passport. If you don't already own a state recreation passport we strongly suggest purchasing one beforehand at your local secretary of state. If not, a pass can be purchased down the street from Belle Isle Park at the DNR Outdoor Adventure Center located at 1801 Atwater St., Detroit, MI 48207. They do not open until 12:00 pm on Sunday so please plan accordingly. The passport is $11.00 for Michigan registered vehicles and $9.00 for out of state vehicles. This charge is separate from the $25.00 event admission. A portion of the event permit fee will be donated to Belle Isle Park. Also, $5.00 from each ticket sale will be donated to our affiliate, Michigan Metal Detecting, for support and contribution towards their 2019 Fall Picnic.
Prizes (8 chances/ways to win all, some or none... OVER $3000 IN PRIZES & GIVEAWAYS!):
Prize #1: Most Seeded MMD™ Tokens Found by a Contestant - NEW Minelab® EQUINOX 800 Metal Detector (MSRP: $1,169.00)
Prize #2: Best Natural Non-Seeded Find by a Contestant - NEW Garrett® AT MAX Metal Detector (MSRP: $849.95)
Prize #3: Buried Cache Filled with Assorted Treasures
Prizes #4 thru #8: Five Buried MetalPhoto® Aluminum MMD™ Digger Skulls worth $100 each (cash prize redeemable at end of event)
• All ages, backgrounds, skill levels welcome.
• Any participant under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign their waiver.
• Pre-payment/registration by Sunday, May 12th, 2019 is required.
• Limited spots available (first come, first serve).
• Each person attending/participating in the event must pay a $25 admission fee even if not metal detecting. Since limited spots are available each participant must be documented for permitting and insurance quotas.
• First 100 participants to pre-register are guaranteed a door prize worth a minimum of $15 or more... that's half the admission fee... plus!
• Once paid and pre-registered, your name will put on a master list in the order which the ticket was purchased. From here it will be determined if you're eligible for a door prize.
• We will inform all that are eligible for a door prize on or before May 18th, 2019.
• On the day of the event (5-19-19), rain or shine, you must check-in between 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm and present your PayPal receipt, physically or on a mobile device, for each member of your party; this is your ticket to get in. From here you will receive a waiver form along with the rules/regulations for the event.
• The signed waiver form must be completed for each participant, including minors, and returned in order to participate in the event.
• After the waiver form is turned in and accepted by a MMD™ event official, you're name tag will be distributed identifying who you are and that you're registered and set to participate in the event. At this time you will also receive your door prize if eligible.
• A photographer will be on site documenting the event and taking pictures which you may/may not end up in. These pictures may/may not be used for future use in advertising, etc. for Michigan Metal Detectives, LLC. Waiver will contain photo release agreement.
• The treasure hunt will begin promptly at 1:30 pm... NO SOONER!
• This is a timed event so every second counts. If caught metal detecting before 1:30 pm, the individual(s) will be disqualified immediately, no questions asked, forfeiting their right to participate.
• ADMISSION FEE IS NONRETURNABLE - ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
• $25 entry gives you a chance to win any/all prizes.
• TREASURE HUNTING ON BEACH/SAND ONLY!
• Participants/entries will be disqualified if caught/found metal detecting on non-beach grassy area/grounds.
• All holes/sand must be filled in entirely after recovering an object and trash must be taken and discarded of properly. We want to keep the beach and our environment clean and safe for everyone.
• Participants will have exactly two hours, no more, no less, to search the entire beach/sandy areas starting promptly at 1:30 pm and ending immediately at 3:30 pm.
• There will be 500 custom made/designed MetalPhoto® Aluminum/Laser Engraved MMD™ Tokens, Five MetalPhoto® Aluminum MMD™ Digger Skulls worth $100 each, and one Cache filled with assorted treasures scattered/buried/hidden throughout the entirety of Belle Isle's beach/sand only. For everyone's safety, nothing will be hidden in the water.
• SEARCHING/METAL DETECTING IN THE WATER IS OFF LIMITS!
• If caught metal detecting in the water, the individual(s) will be disqualified immediately, no questions asked, forfeiting their right to participate. We ask this only for the safety of our participants.
• SEARCH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
• Participants must abide by all state park, Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and Belle Isle Park rules and regulations
• Michigan Metal Detectives, LLC, the State of Michigan, the Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Belle Isle Park and/or it's officials/representatives can not be held responsible for any accident, injury or death that may occur during the event.
• NO PETS/ANIMALS ALLOWED!
• In case a dangerous/hazardous object is found, do not touch or attempt to recover! Please inform an event official immediately and they will safely secure the area and report it to the proper authorities.
• Prizes will be awarded/judged on both naturally lost/dropped (non-seeded) items and pre-planted (seeded) MMD™ tokens, treasure cache & MetalPhoto® Aluminum MMD™ Digger Skulls.
• NO OUTSIDE OBJECTS/FINDS ALLOWED!
• Participants/entries will be disqualified if a object/find is "smuggled in" and not found fairly during the event hours of 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm on the beach of Belle Isle.
• NO SHARING/GIVING/COMBINING FINDS/TOKENS!
• If caught sharing/giving/combining finds/tokens, the individual(s) will be disqualified immediately, no questions asked, forfeiting their right to participate. Objects found belong to one finder and one finder only and is considered cheating if given to someone else during event hours.
• At exactly 3:30 pm an air horn will be sounded signaling the end of the metal detecting portion of the event. If caught metal detecting after the air horn signaling at 3:30 pm, an individual will be disqualified immediately, no questions asked, forfeiting their right to win. Again, this is a timed event and would be considered unfair if given extra time to search.
• Between 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm tokens will be tallied and one (1) natural find from each participant can be turned in and judged by MMD™ event officials.
• Prize #1 (NEW Minelab® Equinox 800 Metal Detector) will be awarded to one person who finds the most seeded MMD™ Tokens between the event hours of 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm.
• In case of a tie for Prize #1 (Most Seeded MMD™ Tokens Found by a Contestant), the tie will be broken by either a coin toss or the judgement of a best, not necessarily the most valuable, find between contenders decided and voted for by MMD™ event officials.
• Prize #2 (NEW Garrett® AT MAX Metal Detector) will be awarded to the best, not necessarily the most valuable, find voted for by MMD™ event officials.
• Only one (1) naturally lost/dropped (non-seeded) item found on the beach/sand of Belle Isle can be entered per contestant to be judged for Prize #2 (NEW Garrett® AT MAX Metal Detector).
• When turning in finds to be judged for Prize #2 (NEW Garrett® AT MAX Metal Detector), each participant will be given a "coat check" number/ticket. The number/ticket must be presented in order for the winner to redeem Prize #2 (NEW Garrett® AT MAX Metal Detector) and for all "Best Finds" to be returned to their rightful owners.
• “Best Finds” will be returned to owner after event and must be picked up the day of event or entries will be automatically forfeited to Michigan Metal Detectives, LLC.
• Prize #3 (Hidden Treasure Cache) consisting of swag, trinkets, odds "n" ends and goodies will be buried in an authentic vintage metal cartridge box somewhere secret on the beach of Belle Isle.
• Prizes #4 thru #8 (Five Buried MetalPhoto® Aluminum MMD™ Digger Skulls) will be hidden/buried separately in different secret spots of the beach worth $100.00 cash each redeemable during the prize portion of the event.
• There will be no food and a limited amount of bottled water at the event, so it is highly recommended that you bring your own.
• It is strongly recommended to bring/purchase metal detectors/equipment prior to the hunt. Credit/debit card and cash payments will be accepted for gear and apparel sold during the event (limited supply only - personal checks not accepted). If you don't own treasure hunting equipment, contact Michigan Metal Detectives, LLC (email@example.com) at least one week prior to the event for special discounts on quality products made for treasure hunting on the beach. Michigan Metal Detectives, LLC is an authorized Garrett, Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter, XP, Nokta Makro, CORS, NEL and Detech dealer specifically geared towards hooking up the entire Michigan metal detecting community.
• There will be special day of event only deals on metal detecting gear, swag and apparel so don't forget to bring some of that sweet spending money. Proceeds go toward funding this and next years event. Have fun, stay safe and be excellent to each other. Can't wait to see everyone on the beach during this unique special event in the best city in the world... DETROIT, MICHIGAN BABY!
Belle Isle Park is a 2.5-mile-long, 982-acre island park, located in the international waters of the Detroit River. Inspired by renowned landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted’s design in the 1880s, the park was created to provide an urban oasis in Detroit. Affectionately named the “Jewel of Detroit”, Belle Isle has significant natural, architectural, and cultural resources. Almost one third of the island is a natural wooded area that is home to a wide variety of small animals and birds. The park features a number of historic public landmarks including the Belle Isle Aquarium, Belle Isle Casino, Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, and the James Scott Memorial Fountain.
Limited spots available. MUST PRE-REGISTER BY SUNDAY, MAY 12TH, 2019 FOR GUARANTEED ENTRY. $5.00 from each ticket sale will be donated to our affiliate, Michigan Metal Detecting, for support and contribution towards their 2019 Fall Picnic. All vehicles coming to the park will need the state recreation passport. If you don't already own a state recreation passport we strongly suggest purchasing one beforehand at your local secretary of state. If not, a pass can be purchased down the street from Belle Isle Park at the DNR Outdoor Adventure Center located at 1801 Atwater St., Detroit, MI 48207. They do not open until 12:00 pm on Sunday so please plan accordingly. The passport is $11.00 for Michigan registered vehicles and $9.00 for out of state vehicles. This charge is separate from the $25.00 event admission.